Last evening, the MetroWest Health Foundation’s Board of Trustees approved a variety of unprecedented actions in order to respond to the COVID 19 public health emergency. They are as follows:
For Existing Active Grants:
- For eligible grantees, the foundation will convert existing active grants to operating support, giving the grantee the ability to use all remaining funds as they see fit to meet organizational needs. Please contact your program officer, Rebecca Donham or Rebecca Gallo via email to see if your specific grant qualifies for this change in status.
- Effective immediately all grantee reports due to the foundation are deferred until July 1, 2020;
- All grants with payments due between now and June 30, 2020 will be accelerated and paid within the next two weeks.
Emergency Grants to Address COVID 19:
The foundation has committed $500,000 in emergency grant funding to address the COVID 19 pandemic. Grants of up to $10,000 will go to agencies in the region that are directly responding to or mitigating the impact of the coronavirus and whose mission is consistent with that of the foundation.
These emergency grants can be used for the following:
- Critical safety-net needs
- Quarantine supplies and costs
- Expenses related to remote operations
- Expenses related to offering services in different ways such as through home delivery or telehealth
- Increased labor costs
Grants cannot be used to pay any costs that insurance or state/federal emergency relief funds will cover or reimburse.
Organizations seeking emergency grants should send an email to email@example.com outlining the nature of the request.
Please include the following in your request;
- Organization Name
- Organization Contact, Email Address and Phone Number
- Brief Description of your organization’s services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- The amount of support you are seeking
As a reminder, although our physical office will close, the foundation remains open for business, and we plan to remain active and responsive to your needs.
All staff remain available via email:
Please continue to go to the homepage of our website for updates to our grantmaking during this critical time.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.